Monday, July 22, 2013

The Secret to Sunburns



Soothe regime from Rodan & Fields


It’s that time of the year! The temperature is rising and the sun is beating down on your skin. Whether you are outside doing some gardening or at the beach, it is so important to protect your skin from harmful UVA/UBA rays. There are so many great sun tan lotions out there that will help in guarding your skin, but what if sun tan lotion is too late? What then?

Before using Soothe
This past 4th of July I spent the entire holiday at shore in Margate City, New Jersey. While at the beach I applied an SPF 30 sun tan lotion in the morning but like any other human being I forgot to continually reapply throughout the day. Heading home that night I didn’t realize how burnt I was until I took a shower.

Looking at myself in the mirror, my entire face, neck and chest were beat red. I was so disappointed in myself for not protecting my skin. It is so critical for people to protect their skin from the sun because it causes skin damage. Also, being out in the sun will age the skin much faster.

3 Days after using Soothe
My answer to my sunburn was simple, Rodan & Fields Soothe skincare regime. This was the first time that I used this regime. I figured that it helps with many skin conditions for Rosacea, eczema and psoriasis so why wouldn’t it help my sun burn? I started that night and continued for three days. It only took three days for my sunburn to go down and become a base tan. 

The first product in this regime is a cream wash that is so gentle on the skin and it doesn't irritate it at all. If anything it was so refreshing and soothing on my skin. After the wash, I used the sensitive skin treatment that helped reduce the visible signs of redness and inflammation. Also, this treatment has dimethicone and allantoin in the product that fortifies the skin's barrier to relieve dryness and reduce sensitivity. Finally, the last product that I used was the moisture replenishing cream, which was critical in maintaining the moisture levels in my skin. All three of these products when together work AMAZING!
 
Typically when I get sunburn my skin becomes itchy and starts to peel. When I used the Soothe regime, my skin became so hydrated and it didn’t peel at all. I knew that it would help my burn, but I didn’t realize how amazing it would work. I am going to Aruba in August and this will certainly be packed in my suitcase. If you haven’t tried any of the Rodan & Field’s products you are seriously missing out on great formulations. Check out my website below and if you have any questions feel free to email me!



emilydobyan@gmail.com
www.edobyan.myrandf.com






No comments:

Post a Comment