Monday, June 8, 2015

Five Essential Summer Must Haves!!!


5 Essential Summer Must Haves!!!



Summer is just around the corner and even though it technically doesn't still feel like Spring, the weather is surely an indicator of summer. The sun is out and shining brighter than ever. I love the feeling of the sun beating down on my skin. Down below are my 5 must have summer products. 

1. It is important to have a good sunscreen that you reapply throughout the summer months. This summer I will be sticking to the Coppertone Water Babies sunscreen in SPF 50. You are probably wondering why I am using baby sunscreen. I'm currently pregnant and want to project my skin as much as possible during this time. This sunscreen was recommended by my doctor. It's important to protect your skin when you are pregnant because you are more prone to developing skin discoloration. Also, if you develop stretch marks the sun will enhance the presence of the marks. There are other sunscreens that you can use when you are pregnant but I definitely prefer the Coopertone brand. The formulation isn't greasy at all and it soaks into the skin quickly. Also, one big thing that hooked me on this product was the smell of it. The smell is very light and has that sun tan lotion smell, which I look forward to in the summer. 
A sunscreen that I would use if I wasn't pregnant would be the Bare Republic Natural Mineral Sunscreen. I discovered this product from my Ipsy bag and I love the formulation. It is very light weight, non-greasy application and the bonus is that it contains all organic products. The only drawback I have for not using it while being pregnant is that it only goes up to an SPF of 30. I would highly recommend this product to anyone that isn't pregnant. My husband used it the other day at the beach and prefers it over other sunscreen lotions. 


2. Summer is certainly a season that a lot of people, including myself, look forward to. There are however several drawbacks from it. There will be days where it will be so hot and humid you will feel like your makeup is sliding off your face. One important product that I use during the summer months that help with this feeling is using a very light foundation. My go to foundation in the summer is the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. The formulation is very light and the smell amazing! I have to apply a primer under it to make sure it last the whole day in the heat. I always go back to this product in the summer because I absolutely love it. There have been other foundations that I have tried but they don't work the same and if anything feel heavier on the skin. If you have never tried this foundation I highly recommend you going to the closest Chanel counter and asking for a sample. It is fairly pricey for a foundation if you only use drug store foundations but it last me through the whole summer and into the next summer. 

3. Another makeup product that will help during the heat is a waterproof mascara. The one I am currently using is the Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof mascara from Tarte. I never have a routine mascara that I swear by but this formulation is very nice. I normally stick to drugstore mascaras because I feel they give the same outcome and you only have to dish out a couple of dollars. I brought this mascara specifically for my wedding. 
Last year I used the Maybelline waterproof Rocket mascara that I feel worked just the same. I think during these hot and humid months as long as you have a waterproof mascara on you will be golden. Also if you feel like you want to take a dip in the water you don't have to worry about your mascara running. 

4. When I think of summer I think of a tan and shimmery glow to the skin. One product that I swear by, especially in the summer, is the Mary-Lou Manizer from the Balm. This product should be in every girls makeup collection. This product can act as a highlighter, eyeshadow or you can even apply it to your lips to give an ombre look. During the summer months I like to highlight with this product to give off that summer glow on my face. When the sun or light hits the product it creates this beautiful shimmer that looks natural. I concentrate the product mostly on the high points of my cheek bones and my brow bones. I have been given a lot of compliments wearing this product. This product is very pigmented so I would apply a little to the area you want and build it up to your liking. This product can be purchased from Kohls. 


5. My last summer must have product is one that I couldn't live without. It is the Lip Glow color reviver balm from Dior. When you apply it to your lips it turns your lips the perfect pink. It is definitely a your lips but better color. It is very light in formulation and it is the best lip product I have ever come by. I like using this product specifically in the summer months because there are just some days I want a little color to my lips but I don't want to deal with the maintenance of making sure it isn't rubbed off. To me the summer is all about having a very light makeup routine and this certainly adds to it. This product has certainly become one of my holy grail makeup items and I definitely recommend to everyone. The only drawback about this product is the price. I purchased it for 33 dollars, which seems like a lot but I use this product almost every day. Go to your local Dior counter and test it out. It doesn't hurt to try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment