Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day

  


      This past father's day has been the hardest I had to endure. Recently loosing my father a month and half ago I still haven't accepted it. I keep thinking that I can just pick up the phone and call him real quick to get a last minute judgement call on a problem I need fixing. Nothing in life prepares you for that moment when someone so close to you dies. Mentally you feel when that day comes you will be as strong as one could be and hold back the tears. Absolutely nothing prepares you for that moment. Everything becomes lifeless and empty when your wall is immediately torn down. What I have learned from this Father's day is that everyday should be father's day. I feel at some times we as humans naturally loose our sense of accomplishment with our family. Most of us are constantly trying to shoot for the next best thing whether it be in regards for work, school, etc. Especially in this generation with the increase of technology and applications we should take the time to value our families as a whole. I believe that when everything is taken from a person they still have the arms of their family wrapped around them. The person who I am today is from my dad and that should be remembered everyday.  Life is short, everyday and everyone should be embraced.

No comments:

Post a Comment