Friday, June 22, 2012

White Peach Sangria

  


       It’s Friday night in the summer and the best way to cool off is with some homemade white peach sangria. When the week has been so hot, such like the extreme weather we had this week, something cool is necessary. One thing I like about the summer is that I try to save money and make some fun drinks at home. Below is a recipe I used for white peach sangria. Instead of the ginger ale, I used seltzer. I used no sugar to cut down some of the calories because I didn’t feel that the sugar was necessary. I let the drink sit in my refrigerator for 8 hours because the longer sangria sits the better it is. Let me know what you think! Post below your favorite summer drink recipes. 


               1 Bottle of white wine (Riesling, Albarino, Chablis, Gewurztraminer, Rioja, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc)
               1/2 cup Peach Schnapps
               1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you prefer your Sangria)
               2 sliced peaches (frozen peach slices work well)
               1 sliced orange
               1/2 mango peeled and sliced
      1/2 liter of ginger ale
(http://wine.about.com/od/howwineismade/r/Whitelightsangr.htm)

No comments:

Post a Comment