Friday, June 29, 2012

4th of July Handmade T-Shirt






Materials:
-       Plain white T-shirt (larger than normal)
-       Scissors
-       Red and Blue Spray Paint (I just went to the hardware store down the street and got them. It didn’t even say it was okay to use on fabric and when I asked the man he started laughing. Oh well…)
-       Painter’s tape (roughly 1 inch)

       Stars (I used clip art. I made one to start and copy and pasted it 11 times on different pages. I then print and cut them out.)

 Steps:
1.    Arrange stars on white t-shirt to your liking
2.   Place tape on each star making sure that they are securely held down.
3.   Take a long strip of painters tape and cut it in half. This will be used for the edge along the stars, which makes a backwards L.
4.   Make stripes on the right side of the t-shirt going down to the bottom.


5.   When all the taping is done. Place the t-shirt on a surface (I painted my shirt in the backyard so that no fumes would stay in my house.)


6.   I used paper to cover up the parts I didn’t want the other paint on. (I didn’t even put paper on the inside and it didn’t leak through.)
7.   Spray evenly and wait a couple of hours for it to dry. (I let it dry for 4 hrs and then hand washed it by itself in the machine.)

8.   Once washed go to the link below to know how to cut it. (It took me a while to cut it to the shape I wanted.) http://youtu.be/sZlW6GspLls












***I got this idea from another blogger and you can view her blog here. ( There are more pictures that can help you make this shirt! Let me know how it comes out if you do it!)
Tips: You are going to have to wash the shirt 2-3 times before it becomes soft. 


No comments:

Post a Comment