Monday, June 25, 2012

Friendly Gestures


     

      As humans, I believe that it is important that we should treat others how we would want to be treated. A simple gesture as holding the door or a smile can simply make you feel better about yourself. Every Monday, after the garbage man comes, I make the extra effort to put back my neighbor’s garbage cans. It takes less then two minutes out of my day. My neighbors just recently moved here from England and this certainly welcomes them to the neighborhood. I know that my gesture has made a difference because one Monday when I didn’t have the time, my neighbors were more then happy to put back my cans. There have been times, however, when a gesture does go unnoticed. For example I have held to the door for people and they don’t even acknowledge my existence. Even when people become rude you have to let it go because you don’t know what they might be going through. The friendly gestures that I am talking about are very small and don’t take that much effort to do. There are large gestures that one can do to make a difference as well. As long as you know that you did your best to be friendly that’s all that matters. Friendly gestures should be second nature to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment